Friday, December 9, 2011

While we wait for G. to add his comments......

The NY post is written, and I sent it to G. a couple days ago, so I'm waiting for him to send it back with his comments included.  Until then, I came up with an idea today.  I've been knee-deep in nonkink book writing for over a month now, but I think it's sparked my creativity again.  That's good, because I'd spent so much time not being able to write a damn thing that I'll take too many ideas over none.  I was sitting at work listening to a podcast on my iPod, and they were talking about writing, and it got me thinking.  I rarely write poetry anymore, but occasionally something hits me enough to make me need to write.  I've also never written a whole book of themed poetry.  I do have ones I could take out of the rest and MAKE a themed book, but what I'm thinking is a kink related poetry book, that talks about the journey from the earliest thoughts about what we do, to being involved in playing and all the feelings that go along with the different relationships we have while doing it.  I've never written something intentionally like that.  My poetry is normally born of strong emotion at the moment.  I think a book about my life would be boring, but to put it into poetry form would bring the emotions to the surface and show the journey from earliest spanko thoughts through to the liberation that comes with age and experience.  I would probably have to go the self publishing route, or the Amazon Print on Demand way, because I doubt I could get a publisher to go for it.  Hell, I don't even know if anybody would even want to read it!  I wrote the potential first poem this afternoon, and I'm fairly sure I have enough years of experience in all this to really show the journey.  Any thoughts?  Any interest?  I'm still going to do it, but I am wondering if anybody would want to bother reading it.     

4 comments:

Quai said...

I'm certainly interested. I'd love to read your poetry and learn your story. I think kink should be expanded into all areas of art. I've started posting songs I wrote on my blog that are specifically kink-related.

lunargirl said...

I would read it, for sure!

Jen said...

Thanks, Quai! I've definitely noticed a lack of certain forms of expression when it comes to kink. There's SOME poetry out there, but I don't know if anyone's explored it to the extent this will be. Songs are even more rare!

Jen said...

Oh good, a definite book sale. I wonder if an actual kink book publisher would publish it?