Saturday, July 16, 2011

In Honor of a Friend

Four years ago today an amazing friend of mine died.  We'd known each other for almost 30 years.  We started out as teacher and student, but we became friends pretty quickly.  I loved her, and I know she loved me too, in a non-judgemental way that's very rare.  I never told her about my kink, but if I had, I know she wouldn't have treated me any differently.  I wrote this story after she died for the SSC, which is why it's so short.  I'm posting it here because I know she wouldn't mind.
--------------------------------------------------
Letting Go

Sarah sat on the couch in a funk she hadn't been able to shake for weeks. She knew she had to get back to normal, but she couldn't seem to force herself to stop wallowing in her grief. When Tom sat down next to her, she barely noticed.

"Hey, you want to get out of here for a while," Tom asked.

"Huh? Oh, no, I just want to stay in. I'm not in the mood to do anything," Sarah said.

"You know that Katie would have a fit if she knew you were shutting yourself away because she's gone, right?" Tom asked.

Sarah glared at him. "She isn't gone, she's dead. There's a difference. We were friends for 28 years, I'm allowed to miss her."

"Of course you are, but you can't stop living too. You need a good hard spanking to get you out of this mood," Tom said.

"That's just so wrong, I can't even tell you how wrong it is!" Sarah sprang up from the couch ready to bolt from the room, but Tom caught her by the arm and pulled her back down on the couch.

"Why is it wrong? You know it would help to get rid of all of the tension that's been building up in you," Tom said calmly.

"It's wrong because I want it, but I shouldn't. It's too soon to want anything that would feel good. I feel guilty even thinking about it," Sarah said.

Tom took both of her hands in his, turning her so that she faced him. "It's part of the process, wanting to feel good again. Don't feel guilty, just let me help you."

Sarah didn't resist as Tom pulled her across him to lie across his lap, but she tensed up as she felt him reach to pull down her pants and panties. It felt like too much too soon, and she struggled momentarily, making it difficult for him to bare her bottom. Even so, it didn't take long for him to manage it.

The first slap of hand on bare skin shocked her. She'd felt only emotional pain for weeks, and hadn't allowed physical pain to replace it. Now she had no choice. Slap after slap, the pain and heat built up, pushing her closer to the edge. All of her anger, heartbreak, and sadness came right up to the surface, taunting her, making her fight against Tom and the spanking. She struggled against herself, knowing that part of her was lost forever, and her anger grew until one hard slap to her upper thigh. The dam broke and she started crying, powerful sobs that came from the bottom of her soul. It wasn't until she felt Tom's arms around her that she noticed he'd stopped spanking her.

She didn't know how long she cried, all she knew was that Tom held her the whole time, and when she woke up in bed next to him, she felt better than she had in a long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this story well. Liked it then and still like it. Continued condolences on her passing.

Barrister

Jen said...

I found it the other day in the SSC archives, and I had forgotten about it. It seemed appropriate to post today. I saluted her with a drink a little while ago. It's my tradition on this date and on her birthday. It's funny, when she was still teaching, I'd salute her then too, but I was out in the hallway where she couldn't see me. She would've had a fit. LOL

Indy said...

This is a lovely tribute, Jen. And I love the comment about saluting her where she couldn't see it. Solely out of sensitivity to her, no doubt... :-)

Jen said...

Thanks! The saluting her where she couldn't see me was definitely out of sensitivity for myself. She would've shot me! LOL