Thursday, May 26, 2011

In addition to that last post

There are times when I want to go on Facebook and write a post telling the world about the fact that I'm kinky, but I can't.  I have relatives on my Friend list, and people I work with, and friends I grew up with on there.  I fear their reactions, which I shouldn't have to, but that's the way the world is.  We still hide who we are, because of how people might react.  I've already been shunned by friends because of it, and I couldn't handle it if people I actually care about turned their backs on me.  It shouldn't be like this, but it is, and I don't see it changing any time soon.  Too many people have the wrong idea about us, and I fear that people I love think that way.  I don't know, because I can't ask.  I can't risk that kind of exposure.  Most of my relatives are very pro-gay lifestyle, even pro marriage equality, but I bet they aren't pro kink lifestyle, and that sucks. 

No comments: