Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fulfilling vs. Frustrating Spanking Dreams

We've all had them.  There are the wonderful "Oh, I'm going to get/I'm getting spanked" dreams.  No, you can't feel anything in dreams, but your mind fills in the gaps because you know how it works in reality.  Wonderful sexy dreams, making you very happy and satisfied.  Then there are the frustrating ones.  The "I'm about to be spanked so why the hell is everything and everybody interrupting the proceedings" kind.  No matter what you do in the dream, you can't make it happen, and just when you think you've rid the place of all distractions and annoyances, you WAKE UP!  ARRGH!  I hate when that happens.  I so rarely get the fulfilling kind of spanking dream.  The last one I had, not all that long ago, I was actually doing the spanking, which was odd, because I've never actually spanked anyone before.  It just felt good to be involved in a spanking finally, even in a dream, that it made me happy.

I was wondering something.  I know that Tops have these dreams too, it's not exclusive to those of us who get spanked.  Do Tops have the frustrating kind of dreams as often?  Are you so focused on what you know should happen that you make it happen most of the time, or is it out of your control too?  Is it worse for Switches because you've experienced these situations from both sides?  Does it matter if you live apart from the person you normally spank/are spanked by, or if you live with them?  Are the frustrating dreams more prevalent if you aren't in a relationship and aren't spanking anybody/being spanked by anybody?  Are the frustrating dreams more common if you live so far away from the other person that you rarely get to see each other?  I haven't been spanked in so long that I'm just happy when my brain proves that it can still conjure up situations where I can get spanked!  

4 comments:

shadowlane said...

I've had dreams where I'm trying to give a spanking and my arm can barely move, there's a resistance as if my arm is moving through some liquid that's 10 times more dense than water.

deborahloi said...

Yeah. I get frustrating dreams all the time, and I sleep next to him every night. I can only remember 2 fulfilling dreams and they're always about my ex(?). Go figure.

Jen said...

@shadowlane, I never thought of that kind of frustration. Mine has always been about not being able to get to the point where I'm even over somebody's knee or bending over to GET spanked. Having your target right there and not being able to achieve success must be maddening!

Anonymous said...

Vote for the man who promises least - he'll be least disappointing.